Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Does God’s Grace Have to Do with Buffets?

Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin: but yield yourselves unto God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the Law, but under grace.  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the Law, but under grace?  God forbid!  Romans, Chapter 6, verses 13-15.

Since God’s blessed me by taking away my excess weight several times when I’ve turned my life, my eating, and my stress over to His very capable hands, maybe I can enjoy buffets more. Well, I don’t think God wants me to take advantage of His good nature.

Through God’s grace alone, He had me loose over 80 pounds 30+ years ago, but that was for His glory, not for me to push my boundaries to see just how much food I can cram into my body before I lose this special blessing. I’ve come close a couple of times when I became sloppy with my eating program and my relationship with God.

Although I don’t want to gain all the weight back, it isn’t what I am primarily concerned with. When I started turning my life, my eating, and stress over to God, He gave me this sense of peace that defies all description. I know that whatever happens in my life, God is right there and will get me through those difficult situations. He has provided a calm in my life that never existed before and it’s something I don’t want to ever lose.

Although I enjoy the selection at buffets,  my going hog-wild is not worth what’s at risk…my personal relationship with Christ. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin: but yield yourselves unto God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the Law, but under grace.  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the Law, but under grace?  God forbid!  Romans, Chapter 6, verses 13-15.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: