Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Is It Really Worth Anything to Be Thin???

For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?  Luke 9:23-25.

Is it really worth anything to be thin??? As you've already read the Bible passage, you know the answer. You would think with having been a Christian for so many years, I wouldn't have to ever deal with issues of this nature. But there are times when I come close.

First of all, there are times when I get down on myself, because I'm not exactly at my ideal weight. (Actually, I weigh ten pounds more than my goal weight.) At times, I fall into old patterns and beat myself up for things like not being perfect, not being able to wear skinny clothes, having a saggy, droopy body, etc.

Well, even though I'm not talking about worldly things like wealth, fancy cars, prestige, etc., I'm still talking about worldly things. Do you think that God judges us with the same eyes that we judge others? Do you think it matters to God whether we are exactly the ideal weight, are perfect, can wear skinny clothes, or have a sagging, droopy body? Those are all things of the world. Reading this Bible passage reminds me where my focus needs to lie. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?  Luke 9:23-25.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Eating Disorder Recovery and Self Esteem 1
By: HoldingOn via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives