Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Making Sure My Head Is Screwed on Straight...

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.  Colossians, Chapter 2, verses 6-8.

As a Christian, it’s very important for me to make sure my head is screwed on straight. There are times, when some will ask me about my weight loss. I have a difficult time trying to get people to realize that the 80+ pound weight loss only happened, because I started turning my life, my food, and my stress over to God’s very capable hands.

Instead, they minimize what I have said about the miracle God has done in my life. They try to give all the credit to me for the weight loss. I know they may be well intentioned, but they are wrong! It  wasn’t until the day that I prayed, telling God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He’d have to take care of it, because I couldn’t.  It was that very same day that the compulsion for excess amounts of food left me. Foods that I used to love didn’t appeal to me anymore. It wasn’t until I turned my food, my eating, and my stress over to God’s very capable hands that He took over my weight problem.

 I can’t take credit for it, so it’s very important to have my head screwed on straight, so that I don’t let people’s compliments go to my head. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have  taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.  Colossians, Chapter 2: 6-8.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: What Are Eating Disorders in Children and Teens?
by: Dr. Kimberly Williams on Howcast

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives