Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Making Sure My Head Is Screwed on Straight...

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.  Colossians, Chapter 2, verses 6-8.

As a Christian, it’s very important for me to make sure my head is screwed on straight. There are times, when some will ask me about my weight loss. I have a difficult time trying to get people to realize that the 80+ pound weight loss only happened, because I started turning my life, my food, and my stress over to God’s very capable hands.

Instead, they minimize what I have said about the miracle God has done in my life. They try to give all the credit to me for the weight loss. I know they may be well intentioned, but they are wrong! It  wasn’t until the day that I prayed, telling God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He’d have to take care of it, because I couldn’t.  It was that very same day that the compulsion for excess amounts of food left me. Foods that I used to love didn’t appeal to me anymore. It wasn’t until I turned my food, my eating, and my stress over to God’s very capable hands that He took over my weight problem.

 I can’t take credit for it, so it’s very important to have my head screwed on straight, so that I don’t let people’s compliments go to my head. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have  taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.  Colossians, Chapter 2: 6-8.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: