Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Tasted Like Honey

 How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103

My husband was sitting at the island eating these thin cookies that looked like they are made with phyllo dough. They look light and look like they have lots of layers. I made the mistake of saying, "If I were going to blow my food program, it would be for cookies like that!" Of course, by thoughtful husband said, "Just try one." I told him no, but he insisted, so I tried a portion of one, thinking I'd made this compromise.

I broke off a small corner of the cookie and it was light and flaky and it tasted like honey in my mouth. I was already thinking that I could go back and snag the other three cookies that were in the container. It hadn't been long since I had that episode with the pumpkin pie where I started slip-sliding into old eating patterns. 

Christ had it on my heart, that it's much easier to return the remainder of the cookie rather to slip deeper into that pattern. He was right, so I did it immediately, although the taste lingers in the taste receptors of my brain. Christ saved me from myself over 30 years ago and the negative influence sweets have had on my life. This verse reminds me of what is important.  How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: