Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Desires of Your Heart

 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

I had made pumpkin pies from scratch and had given a small one to three of our neighbors. I used a different recipe that called for more spices and the tops of the pies were freckled with various spices. A neighbor commented on how the pie looked different from store bought pumpkin pies. Then, insecure part of me started to worry. What if the pies made with this new recipe didn't taste good and I had already given them to neighbors.

I figured I would take a small slice out of the pie I had made for my husband to make sure it tasted alright. Although the pies were speckled with spices, they had the most amazing flavor. In fact, it was one of the best pumpkin pies I had ever made from scratch! It was so good, that I went back and cut a healthy sized piece of pumpkin pie. It had been quite a while since I had used the: "If I'm going to blow things, I might as well blow it big-time" strategy. The thing is, I wanted to eat the whole rest of the pie!!! It was like this desire had overcome me and I didn't want to deny it, although I know how sweets affect me, my moods, and my blood sugar.

I don't usually have this much trouble avoiding sweets, but the desire to eat it was overwhelming! Fortunately for me, Christ had the thought in my mind about how I used to turn to food for comfort, instead of Him, and how food had become a false god in my life. I still struggled with the desire to eat the whole pie, so I went into my bedroom and prayed! The desire of my heart wasn't to have the whole pie, it is to be in relationship with Christ, so what happened? Usually that means that I've come to take my relationship with Christ for granted, which saddens me deeply!

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: