Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Shouldn't Have Skipped Lunch

 Hungry and thirsty, Their soul fainted in them. Psalm 107:5

I'm somewhat embarrassed to compare myself to the Israelites who wandered through the wilderness and were hungry, but I sure did relate to this verse! I didn't eat lunch until 11:00 a.m., so when it was lunch time, I wasn't hungry yet. You got it! About an hour before dinner, I was really hungry! I didn't want to eat a sandwich, because my husband had made dinner. I had already eaten two apple earlier when I ate at 11:00, so that didn't seem like an option.

I figured that since I didn't have any bread at lunch time, I could have some corn tortilla chips. Although they are O.K. for me to eat, I usually eat three meals with my breads/carbs evenly divided between all three meals. Therefore, I rarely eat them.  It wasn't a very good decision, although it sounded reasonable at the time!

I ate at least half the bag of tortilla chips! Why did that happen? First of all, I was tired and hungry and I should have prayed about it rather than giving in to skewed logic! Usually, I pray when I feel tempted. The thing is, I must have been rationalizing things, because I didn't even think I was being tempted! Isn't it amazing how Satan can use our vulnerabilities and try to work a wedge in our relationship with our Lord and Savior! Fortunately for me, Christ picks me back up and moves me forward. I am so very blessed and so are you! He will do the same for you if you let Him!

Since I am writing how I've applied this Bible verse to my own life, you should know that it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: