Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I've Got Wings

2 Timothy 2: 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient

It's kind of funny how I found this Bible passage to use for this post. I put the word "Wing" in my search and this passage was one of the many passages that came up with knoWing as one of the words. Initially, I wanted to write about the wings (flabby part on my underarms) that I noticed recently. The wings weren't minor ones, but major and I really didn't like realizing it. 

At first, I tried to rationalize that these wings that I saw in the mirror had to do with having formerly been considerably overweight. Then, I realized that wings of that size couldn't only be from how heavy that I must be, but had to be related to how heavy I was becoming. How could that be? Christ took away my compulsive overeating over 30 years ago and blessed me with keeping the vast majority of the weight off for all that times. 

So, what was different right now? I was slowly allowing myself to get too busy to focus. I prayed, but I didn't take the time to finish my prayers and allowed myself to be distracted by daily life. This passage is much more significant than I had thought when I selected it, because I find that I haven't been as patient and gentle-hearted to others and have been quicker to become frustrated.  Realizing this, lets me know that I need to be actively turning my life over to Christ's very capable hands on a daily, focused basis. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: