Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Days After the Cheesecake Blunder

James 1: 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

For the next couple of days after I had given in to sampling the three different 1x1 inch pieces of different types of cheesecake, I continued to crave sugar/sweet things. I ate a decent amount of dinner, but I still craved something sweet. The reason I know I ate a decent amount of food, was because Christ led me to go through all the things I had eaten when I was trying to rationalize my hunger for sweets. Christ was right! I had eaten plenty, but I still had the craving for sweets.

It's one of the many reasons why I rarely eat sweets to start with, other than fruit. Once I try some, even a small amount, it's like Satan tells my body/mind, "See how good it tastes. You gave in once and I should eat a little more! What could it hurt?" The thing is, that once I give into temptations, it leads me into a downward spiral, not unlike when an alcoholic takes a drink after having been on the wagon. 

Additionally, after I eat sweets, it messes with my blood sugar levels, because I have Hypoglycemia and my blood sugar crashes later, sometimes the next day, and I'm cranky with other people around me. Fortunately for me, Christ reminded me of this and led me to eating some fruit, which satisfied my urge without negatively affecting my blood sugar!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: