Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Cheesecake Blunder

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I went to a dinner recently. Included in the price of the dinner, each person could select either a brownie or three 1x1 inch pieces of different types of cheesecake. I rarely, if ever, have dessert. I know from the 30+ years that Christ has healed me from my compulsive overeating, eating sweets is not good for me in several ways. For one, it throws off my blood sugar levels, since I'm Hypoglycemic. Usually after eating sweets, I have a period where my blood sugar drops, sometimes the next day, when I am cranky with others. Also, eating sweets other than fruit, will often get me to craving other sweets, which has the potential of being the downfall of the eating program that Christ has led me to over the years.

I didn't even resist the temptation and took the three pieces of cheesecake thinking it would be fun to sample the different types. What a blunder! After I ate them, I kept craving ice cream and not just any ice cream, but the Pistachio Almond ice cream that Braums has on occasion. 

After I got home, I kept thinking about the ice cream and wanted to find something to satisfy this urge. I needed to pray and ask Christ to heal my craving, because to eat other sweet things to satisfy this urge would just sent me in a downward spiral of eating sweets. It's just like when we are tempted with things of the world and we give into these temptations, it becomes hard to pull away from these sinful, worldly ways. Sometimes, it's difficult to stop falling prey to these temptations, but when we turn it and our weakness over to Christ's capable hands, He will free us from them, if we trust Him to.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: