Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

More Cravings Squelched

James 1: 12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.

I recently posted about going to a dinner and taking the included dessert that consisted of three 1x1 inch pieces of different types of cheesecake. I figured, what can it hurt? Boy, was my thinking ever distorted. I should have known from previous experience that it could lead me back into a cycle of cravings and blood sugar highs and crashes.

On the way home from that dinner, I craved a particular ice cream. I wanted it something fierce, but after praying about it, I didn't give into those temptations, but wanted to.  Each day since that episode, I have been craving sweets.  It's like Satan knows my vulnerabilities and he's been dangling temptations in front of me since I had given an inch or two with the cheesecake, maybe I will go the whole mile. Although this may not seem like a major thing to some who read this, if I continued to give in to Satan's temptations, it had the potential to negatively affect my relationship with my family, because I get cranky when I eat sugar, my health, because I have Hypoglycemia and it affects my blood sugar levels, and my faith, because when I turn to sweets or any food, it becomes a false god, because I've turned to the food instead of turning to Christ for comfort.

This time, I was craving vanilla yogurt. I eat plain yogurt with my oatmeal most days, because I have Osteoporosis and my Endocrinologist suggested I add more yogurt to my diet. I wanted the vanilla yogurt in the worst way, but knew it was related to my cheesecake blunder! Being prayerful about this, Christ led me to buy some watermelon, since fruit doesn't seem to spike my blood sugar and cause it to crash at a later point. It was the perfect solution and Christ takes care of my eating issues any time I turn them over to Him. If He can do that for me, He can do it for you, if you ask Him to and listen to the instincts He gives you!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: