Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Rolling Through without Taking Time to Look at the Scenery

1 Corinthians 8: 8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. 9 but take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. 

I was lying in bed trying to read the Bible. When I have lots to do the next morning, I will sometimes read half the amount I like to read the night before, so I'm not too rushed the next morning. I don't like reading the Bible like a steam engine rolling through, but not taking time to look at the scenery.

Anyway, I was lying in bed reading the Bible. I had the Bible leaning against my mid-section, as I read, but I couldn't read some of the verses on the bottom of the pages. I tried to push down, so that I could see what it said. That's when I realized that my stomach was so high that it covered the bottom verses.

I pushed my stomach down several times and realized it was squishy and I wasn't in an awkward position that made my stomach higher. I really, truly wanted to rationalize the size of my stomach, but there was no way of doing so. Christ let me realize that not only my eating program that He had led me to had been lax, but my prayers to Him been lax, as well. I needed to turn these both over to Christ's very capable hands, because He alone can lead me from the slippery slope that I had been going down. With Christ as my primary focus, my life, my faith, and my eating have balance. I feel so blessed that He showed me this!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: