Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Six of One and Half a Dozen of Another

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

I went out to lunch with a group of people. It happened to be on Dad's birthday, so I decided to order a chicken fried steak, gravy and all in memory of Dad. It happens to be the one thing that makes me feel a connection with Dad, but of course, I have to put it into Christ's very capable hands, so that it doesn't become a problem.

The other people put half of their meals in a Styrofoam box to eat the rest for dinner. I've read that it's a good thing to do for portion control.  I, on the other hand, have found that if I eat only half of my meal, I am more tempted to eat the desserts or snack before the next meal.\

I guess there's no one right or wrong way to handle this situation. I think it depends on what you do later. The thing is, if I get to playing with "food issues" too much, it's easier to become obsessed with food again, making it a false god where I turn to food for comfort instead of turning to my Savior, my advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: