Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

My Double Chin

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Periodically, probably more often than I'd like to admit, I look at myself in the mirror from a side-view to check out in my hair. When I do, I am confronted by a view of my double chin, that I really like to ignore. I like to rationalize it away. I try to tell myself if isn't from eating too much. It isn't from getting older. It isn't from not exercising enough. If it isn't from any of these things, what causes it? It must be Heredity, of course! That way, I don't have to take any responsibility!

Well, it's this way with my faith, at times! When my faith starts to falter and my prayers become less frequent and more repetitive in nature, I try to find some way to try to rationalize it just like I do with my double chin. Is it that my faith isn't strong enough? Is it that I'm rushing through my prayers rather than focus on what I am saying? Is it that something else is interferes with my focus? It must be Heredity, of course! That way, I don't have to take any responsibility!

The way in which Heredity does play a part in this is that I have inherited my sinful, human nature, but can I just blame my actions or inaction on this?  I think this is where I have to have a wake-up call. It says in James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. So, in fact, I was going through the motions and the works of my faith by active prayer were minimized by my lack of focus! Yes, it was my fault! I was the one who chose to allow myself to be distracted in my prayers. I'm prayerful for the Holy Spirit to heal my prayer and lead me away from my sinful, human nature and be more mindful when I focus on Him, my Lord and Savior! 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: