Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

My Double Edged Sword

1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

I have very recently had to deal with this double edged sword. I sent a text with a negative remark to one person, eluding to someone's poor life style choices. I inadvertently sent it to the person I was texting about. That person WAS NOT a Happy Camper, to say the least.

So, when I read this verse, we are to behave in righteous ways, as best we can as a Christian, which doesn't include making judgmental remarks about others. When I was making that negative remark, although I regret it dearly now, it puts me and my moral choices up as superior, when my actions were more indicative of being led by the "Tempter," because I was not showing love, tolerance, or support to a fellow human being.

Instead of eating over this right now, though my stomach is churning, possibly because of the stress, I texted and apologized to the person. I need to apologize to Christ even more than the person. I took my faith in Him and used it to belittle someone else. In that, I am very ashamed. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: