Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Wasn't Content

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 

After I ate dinner, I was still hungry. I had put the remainder of the dinner in a container in the fridge for the next day. I felt like I wouldn't make it until tomorrow, so I asked my husband if he wanted the remaining dinner. When I was asking him this, I was secretly hoping he didn't want it, because I did!

I ate the food that I had put in the fridge, but was still hungry. Again, I thought I wouldn't make it until the next morning without eating something else. I was trying to be prayerful about what to eat, because I didn't really have any more "breads" coming to me. I decided to eat a salad, since I hadn't eaten one earlier. After I ate it, I was a little hungry, but nothing like what I felt before.

What this reminded me of is when I used to have the "Eat the Door Knobs Off" hunger. I would eat one thing, then another, and another, but still felt hungry enough to eat the door knobs off. When I used to do this more frequently, Christ showed me that something was bothering me and instead of dealing with these issues by turning to my Lord and Savior, I was turning to food to comfort me, thus making food a false god. I was somewhat shocked to see that I was doing this again, after all these years. I shouldn't be so surprised, because Satan knows where our weaknesses are and when we are vulnerable and are apt to be open to being led astray. It's kind of scary to thing that I've allowed myself to become so vulnerable to Satan's wiles again. I have to be very prayerful to ask Christ to keep me from being vulnerable and being led astray.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: