Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Beam That's In My Eye

Matthew 7: 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye: and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

This Bible passage has been on my mind quite a bit the last couple of weeks. I've noticed a possible health issue that concerns me about my husband. When I went to the doctor's office for a check-up, I mentioned my the possibility of my husband's health issue. He more or less told me, let's get your health issues with your eyes taken care of, first, before we address any possible health issues with your husband.

It made this passage so meaningful plus it made me realize that it almost precisely parallels what the passage says only with health issues instead of behavior choices. I realize that it's so easy to get caught up in observing and making mental notes on how everyone else should improve their lives, their faith, their choices, etc. 

In reality, I could get caught up in things like this instead of being introspective about my own life, faith and choices. I need to turn to Christ to lead me on this, because I can't do it alone, although I plow through life like I can, sometimes! Unfortunately, I'm deluding myself. I'm Strongest if I'm leaning on the Lord!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: