Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Maybe I Was Getting Too High and Mighty

1 Peter 5: 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 

God had the word humbling on my mind while I was doing these posts. I'm feeling that's a theme I need to personally pursue. I've been blessed that Christ allowed me an 80+ weight loss and has allowed the vast majority of it to stay off for over 30 years. Some times I take that blessing for granted, which means I'm taking Christ for granted.

This has been especially apparent to me, since I gained an extra 10 pounds that's been difficult to lose. This shows that I haven't been turning my food, body, eating and stress over to Christ like I should. It is also an indicator that I've gotten sloppy with my relationship with Christ, as well. I've discussed this in recent posts, but I feel God's showing me that my humility needs some work, as well.

I never really thought about my humility much. I think that I try to be humble, but obviously I'm deluding myself.  I guess that would explain my recent negative interactions with a couple of people I care about, and my feelings about being justified for my actions, although I regret it terribly now. I need to be prayerful for Christ to be in control of my actions, words, and deeds, as much as His being in control of my food, body, eating, and stress. I've been focusing my prayers on my physical needs and not my emotional needs, but I REALLY need Christ to be in control of ALL aspects of my life! It's not too late for me to apologize to Christ and ask for His forgiveness. I especially like verse 7 where it says: Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. I can never thank Christ enough for never giving up on me, even when I sometimes turn my back on Him without even realizing it.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: