Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Prayerful How to Avoid Snacking

Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 

I had recently asked Christ to be in control in my life again, because I had been lax and was trying to control my life, food, body, and eating, which also meant that my faith was suffering, as well. Whenever I'm in the control mode, that means that I'm virtually saying, "I can handle things, God. You wait in the wings until I need you, but I think I've got this one!"

Well, I learned the hard way, that's not the message that I want to give my Lord and Savior! When I tried to be in control all those years I was heavy, I had not inner peace, low self-respect, and my faith, my weight, and my family suffered for it. When I turned control over to Christ, He allowed me an 80+ pound weight loss and has allowed the vast majority of it to stay off for over 30 years. I had gained some extra weight after an injury, but now that I was healthier, it wasn't despite all my efforts. That's when I realized that I had reverted back to trying to be in control again and needed to turn the control of my body, life, stress, and eating over to Christ's very capable hands!

I'm trying to make Christ my priority and turn to Him when I'm tempted. I wanted to snack the other night, which happens to be what led me into this downward spiral, so I knew it wouldn't lead anywhere positive. I prayed and asked Christ to handle it, because I really wanted to eat something, anything, in the worst way! The thought He gave me was that I hadn't had my usual milk with my dinner and that I should drink a glass of milk. I remember thinking, "I'll try it, Lord, but I'm not sure it will take care of my hunger. What am I supposed to do if I'm still hungry afterward?" Fortunately for me, He forgave my distrusting nature and after I drank the glass of milk, I was no longer hungry. I didn't even have the least craving after that. I shouldn't ever have doubted the instincts that Christ had given me and am very sorry I did.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: