Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Regrouping...

1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

I'm trying to quit trying to be in control so much and trying to put the control of my life in Christ's hands the way it should be. Every time I try to take back that control, my relationship with Him isn't the same as it should be. My relationship with others isn't the same as it should be. My self-esteem, my food, my body and my eating are not the way they should be either!

When I read this Bible passage, it makes me feel at peace. God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have abundant mercy. I'm so very happy to read that, because I sometimes slip backwards and need Christ's reminders that I would benefit from regrouping, taking a look at my priorities, and my recent actions. 

Quite often, if my my food, body, and eating are out of whack, the rest of my life and my relationship with Christ are, as well. Fortunately for me, God has abundant mercy and brings me back into the fold and sets me aright, one more time. I am very blessed, because He never turns His back on me the way I do to Him by my actions or putting Him on the back burner until I need help. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: