Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Dinner at the Pizza Buffet, Uh Oh!

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

A family member suggested that we take the grandkids to the Pizza Buffet for dinner. Uh Oh! I'm trying to get my faith, my food, and my body back into alignment with what Christ wants for me and I have to go to a pizza buffet. I know that I usually eat one to two helpings at the salad bar and have three to four pieces of pizza. If I'm really being honest, I usually have four pieces of pizza, so this isn't a wise option for me, especially when I'm trying to get my eating back into alignment with what Christ has shown me that works for me.

First of all, I made it clear that I'd prefer not to do this on a regular basis. It's too easy to fall into a routine that's counterproductive. I started praying and praying about it. I didn't know what to do, but it was a day or so after I started praying asking for Christ to be in charge of my food, body and eating, because I had seen that my weight was elevated and wouldn't budge by what I was trying. Those are signs that my faith, my body, and eating aren't aligned with Christ and I've been too lax in one or more of those areas.

I wasn't sure what to do, but knew that Christ knew how to handle this situation. What Christ led me to do is to eat a late lunch high in protein. Being full, allowed me to watch the family eat the pizza buffet without feeling tempted. I explained that I had eaten a late lunch and they seemed to understand that I wasn't hungry, but wanted to be with them. Later, when I got back home, I had some homemade soup for dinner that I had made a day or so earlier. I'm so glad that Christ made a way out of this temptation. He does when I remember to pray to Him about my concerns. He will do it for you too, if you ask Him!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: