Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hand Over Fist Eating

Hebrews 6: 11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: 12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

This particular post doesn't focus so much on the literal meaning of this wonderful Bible verse. It has more to do with how I didn't utilize patience and that's how I'm applying this verse to my own life.

I have recently mentioned that I'm trying to be more mindful during my prayers, my reading the Bible daily and my relationship with Christ. I had noticed that I had become lax with my food plan which quite often is an indicator that I've become lax in my relationship with Christ, as well. Things had been going well for several days, but I must have become too complacent, because everything started to fall apart yesterday.

It was an EXTREMELY hectic afternoon, but the details don't matter. Others were eating some light popcorn and I asked for some. I ate and ate and ate and ate, eating hand over fist so quickly it could have made your head spin! That should have tipped me off, but did I pray about it? No, I kept on eating until I finally handed off the remaining popcorn, before I ate every last kernel. 

That wasn't the worst of it. Later, through the evening, I had negative interactions with two different people I care about. Sure, I apologized for what I said, but no amount of apologies could erase the sting of what I said to them. Sure, I had valid reasons for feeling the way I did, but Christ doesn't lead me to say hurtful things to others. Although I apologized several times, I can't forget that my words hurt others, even if justified. Now, I'm trying to apologize to God and ask Him to heal me, so I can forgive myself. This was behavior unbecoming a Christian and I know better. I should have picked up on the sign of my hand over fist eating to let me know that I wasn't in sync with what my Lord wanted of me, but did I listen? No, I regret having to say. Fortunately for me, my Lord and Savior forgives me if I ask Him and He can forgive you of any and all of your shortcomings the way He does mine. He's only a prayer away!


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: