Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Did It to Myself!

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

For over three months, the bottom of my heel hurt when I tried to walk in the evenings. It got to the point that I tried to figure out how much I really needed to get something prior to getting it. I prayed about it and went to my doctor. She had an Xray taken and it said that I had a heel spur. I was given a handout on this and some suggested exercises.

When it didn't heal, the doctor said I should go to a Podiatrist. When I got there, I explained my situation, but told him that I think I did it to myself. I told him that my husband and I had been walking in the neighborhood over several months and I would crunch down on the acorns as we walked. I told him that I liked the sound the crunching acorns made, because of the air in the middle of them. It's kind of like popping bubble wrap on some level.s

He agreed with me. I had done it to myself! All that crunching down on my heel had injured it over and over again. He gave me inserts and a prescription, which I didn't take for long, because it didn't agree with me. I continue to pray about it and I'm trying to ice it twice a day and stay away from acorns.

You may wonder what this has to do with overeating? Well, that's a fair question. In the process of trying to heal my heel, I remember reading something that says that if people were to loose five to ten pounds, it would take extra pressure off of their joints and muscles. So, I'm trying not to be sloppy with my eating and with my relationship with Christ, because they very often go hand-in-hand! Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: