Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Staying Too Busy to Feel

 1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time; 7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

I used to be really bad about this and I wish I could say that I never do this now that Christ has shown me life lessons along the way to losing the 80 pounds, but I can't. This bad habit does sneak back from time to time.

If I weren't eating to mask my stress, worry, etc. where I in reality made food a false god, turning to it instead of to Christ, I stayed so busy that I couldn't feel. It seems like my life has been like that lately, so I have to be especially mindful of the lesson that God has for me in this post.

I don't know that I deliberately have tried to take on extra things, but it's happened none the less. Maybe, it's that I haven't refused doing the extra things that's the problem, whether I sought them out or not. The thing is, staying that busy, keeps me from focusing on issues of concern and it keeps me too busy to enjoy the times of joy that Christ provides in my life. I have to remember to cast all my care on the mighty hand of God, because He cares for me and He cares for you, too!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: