Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is It Alright to Make Fun of Them Now?

Romans 6: 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

I felt terrible about myself all those years I was heavy. Somehow, I took special pleasure in making fun of the cheerleaders I would see over the years who were then heavy, too!  It seemed to make me feel less terrible about myself. I'm telling you, that I am very embarrassed that I ever did this, but feel it's important to be honest with readers. 

Over 30 years ago, Christ showed me that I was turning to food in times of stress instead of to Him, which made food a false god. After lots of prayer and learning to turn my food, body, eating, and stress over to Christ's very capable hands, He allowed me to lose 80 pounds. Although I slip back in old patterns periodically, Christ helps refocus me and has allowed the vast majority of the weight to stay off for over 30 years and He can do it for you, too!

The thing is, does it make it right to make fun or gloat over the heavy cheerleaders, now that I'm thinner? God says: Romans 6: 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? I can no longer take joy knowing that someone else is possibly going through the pain and suffering that I did when I was overweight. All I can do is feel compassion for them and pray that they, too, let Christ be in control of their relationship with Him, and their food, body, eating, and stress.  

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: