Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Casting Stones at Myself

John 8:7 So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

The comment Jesus made is very significant. Sometimes this pops into my mind when I have a judgmental thought about someone else. Does this pop into my mind when I have a judgmental thought about myself, though?

Usually not. I rehash all the old mistakes I made to God, my family, friends, and myself. Lots of these have to do with turning to food, which became a false god in my life, because I turned to it instead of turning concerns over into God's very capable hands. Because I felt terrible about myself, I didn't always interact with others the way I wish I had. I wasn't always the best example to others about how God worked in my life, either.

Well, now that Christ has allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, am I doing any better? Well, mostly yes, but sometimes, I get caught up in casting stones at myself for past mistakes. If Jesus forgave me, shouldn't I forgive myself? It's time to let these old things go and have the joy that Jesus wants me to share with others!!!!!

John 8:7 So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: