Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

How Did I Stand?

Romans 5: 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Well, that's a good question! Unfortunately, when I was heavy, I stood hunched over, looking at my feet and I didn't look directly at people when walked past them or talked to them. Although this might not sound like much, it tells loads about how I felt about my self. My self-esteem was dragging as low as my head drooped.

I felt unlovable because I was heavy. I felt worthless and it turns out that sometimes people treat you like you act, so some people treated me like I was worthless! Here's a link to a book I once read called: Sweet Suffering: Woman as Victim by Natalie Shainess. It definitely isn't an uplifting book, but I learned so much when I read it. It tells that there are people who deliberately victimize women and they can tell the ones more prone to tolerate that behavior by the way they stand, walk, and how they carry their bodies. 

Since reading that book, I try harder to hold my body upright and give the appearance of more confidence, but I slip back into old patterns, at times. I have to be mindful that Christ wants no one to be victimized. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By Whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: