Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Oh, Just One Won't Hurt You...

Colossians 2: 4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. 5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 

I've heard, "Oh, just one won't hurt you more times than I can remember. This time, Christ won out. I say that, because more times than I'd like to admit, I allow myself to be pulled into believing what they said is true. Sure they mean well, but they don't truly understand how sugar impacts my body and cause it to go through a myriad of highs and lows.

It was about a month or so that I made my husband some extra nutty, oatmeal raisin cookies with honey and applesauce instead of sugar. Although those don't seem to cause me to have a Hypoglycemic reaction to them, those three cookies I ate sent me into a tailspin. Actually, what they did was start me craving nuts again. All I could think of was eating more of those nutty cookies.

I tried to soothe that desire by eating extra nuts in my morning oatmeal, but I was putting in loads of nuts to make them comparable to the nuttiness of the oatmeal cookies. It wasn't long before my pants started being tight on me. I don't weight regularly, because I had once gotten to the point where I let the scale tell me how to feel about myself. I, now, let my waistband inform me when I need to adjust my eating and it was doing so! 

Usually when I'm sloppy with my food, I've become sloppy with my relationship with Christ. Since then, I've been trying to turn my food, body, and eating over into Christ's capable hands. My husband asked me to bake him some more of the nutty oatmeal raisin cookies. Christ was there guiding me and reminded me that in some cases, it's better to not take that first bite. I'm so blessed to have a Savior that looks after my health and my eating, as well as my Salvation! The thing is, He is there to help you with these as well, if you truly turn these over into Christ's hands.
Colossians 2: 4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. 5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: