Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Too Quick to Look After My Own Needs

Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 

 Now, this is going to be a very literal focus for this Bible verse which has a more broad focus. The thing is, when it comes to food, I am always looking after my own needs...or maybe I should say my own wants. At a gathering, I am eyeing the available foods to find the things that suit my fancy and am fixed on them.

I watch as each person takes their portion of that item. Whether they took a big or small portion, I feel somewhat resentful of their possibly taking so much that I won't be able to have enough to suit me.  When I've taken a heaping serving of the food, I was more concerned about my wants than those of the rest of the group who possibly wanted it, as well.

Now it may be something as benign as a fruit salad I wanted, which I can eat on my food program. It's really that I coveted that fruit salad which is making food a false god, because I've turned to it instead of to my Savior to make me happy.  Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: