Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Get Caught Up in Maintaining My Wants

Hebrews 13: 1 Let brotherly love continue. 2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

This verse always makes me stop and think of whether I've been rude or ignored the needs of someone Christ has put in my life for me to assist. Sometimes, I get so caught up in maintaining my wants that I forget about all the others who have so much less.

When I'm contributing to a food drive for a worthy cause, this is more apparent. I go to the pantry which is in our laundry room. I look at the things I have stocked on the shelves and keep the things that I like and give away the things that I don't eat often or I'm not so fond of.  Is that really being there for needs of others? No, it's minimal giving, at best. 

I'm ashamed that I've done this more times than I'd like to remember and have done the same with clothing and other items I was donating. Am I giving the outcast things that mean little to me or am I giving things that I enjoy, so that the less fortunate might be able to enjoy them, too? Since Christ has taken my hand on this weight loss journey over the last 30+ years, He shows me much more about how He wants me to live than just about my food. He changes me, when I turn my many shortcoming over to Him.  Hebrews 13: 1 Let brotherly love continue. 2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: