Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Showing Love to Those I Care About When I Eat Things That Make Me Cranky?

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3: 11

I want to take this Bible verse one step further. Am I showing love to those I care about when I eat things that make me cranky? This is a big thing that Christ has shown me in the last 30+ years, I've been trying to turn over my food, eating, and body into His very capable hands.

 Since I'm Hypoglycemic, I am very sensitive to things with sugar. I am able to eats fruits and it doesn't affect my blood sugar, but refined sugars give me very dramatic ups and downs. I remember years ago, drinking several glasses of lemonade, because it was hot. When I went to walk away from the lemonade jug, I was light-headed and had difficulty walking a straight line. Also, when I eat ice cream or other highly sugared items, I get hyper and talk fast.

Now, those, in and of themselves, don't really affect those I care about. The previous were examples of how the sugar elevates my blood sugar. The bad part is when the sugar wears off and my blood sugar plunges. When this happens, I am cranky, edgy, and impatient with those I care about. Sometimes this happens the same day I've had sugar, but lots of times it affects me the next day. The point is, I love the people that God has put in my life and I don't want to be cranky around them. I have to keep putting my food, body, and eating into Christ's very capable hands, because He reminds me when I start to indulge, with a thought on my heart of the effects on those I care about. He stops me from eating these, dead in my tracks, if I let Him. I am very blessed!  For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3: 11

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: