Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Praying for Those Who See You as the Enemy-

Luke 6: 27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you and pray for them which despitefully use you.

You may want to know why I'm writing about enemies in an overeating blog. Well, I found that I tend to eat about feelings and things that stress me more than the specific foods I ate. Well, people that are enemies or those who treat me like I'm the enemy are big stressors for me. It's my nature to try to please everyone, so I have tended to take it personally when someone acts like they don't like me.

There is a lady who works at the gym my grand kids go to, who scowls at me every time I go there. I realize that she doesn't really know me, but it feels kind of personal like she doesn't like me. This has been going on for over six months now. Last week when I went there, I was in prayerful contemplation about this. The thought in my mind, which is often how God works in my life, was that she doesn't even know me to dislike me, so I shouldn't take it personally. The next thought was that her reaction has more to do with how she feels about her life than anything else. Having been there myself, I could understand what that is like.

I remembered this verse and decided to pray for her. I asked God to bless her and to have her feel the healing touch of Jesus in her life. I also asked that she develop a life-long positive relationship with God. When I saw her about a half hour after this prayer, she was laughing and joking around with some co-workers. I had never seen this before and it felt like an immediate answer from God, although things don't always happen that quickly.

When I saw her this week, she was having a positive conversation with another co-worker and had been doing some exercises and seemed to be very pleased. I am so happy about this. I hate for anyone to feel so poorly about themselves or their lives that they can't even smile and all their conversations seems to be negative. What a wonderful miraculous change God brought about in this lady's life. It reminds me to be more prayerful for others who seem to be unhappy or in pain. Luke 6: 27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: