Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Passing Holiday Treats Around but Skipping Me-

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

I remember how upset I used to get at my former in-law's home at holidays. My former mother-in-law used to pass trays of elaborate treats around to everyone in the room. She would walk up to each person asking if they would like any of the treats on the tray. When she would get to me, she would say, "Oh, you don't need any," and would walk right past me going on to the next person.

I have to tell you that I didn't appreciate being passed over. Sometimes, I would do something very counterproductive. When she would put the tray down, I would go get and eat some of the treats that I wasn't offered and then some, like I was proving something to her. Of course, I wasn't and made my situation much worse. Then, I not only had to deal with my feelings of being overlooked, but had to deal with the extra weight I gained proving my point, however weak it was.

Even as I write this, I have to remind myself of this verse and pray asking for the willingness to forgive her. Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. Her actions hurt me, but God doesn't want me holding on to bitter feelings to others. Jesus gave His life to save me from all my sins, it's the least that I can do to forgive others. Of course, it's much easier said than done, but it lays the foundation not only for my relationship with God, but my being whole and not feeling led to eat over my hurt feelings. Debbie Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: