Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

That Picture Was Really Me and All the Pain I Suffered-

Matthew 11: 28 Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

As you will find out in my blog posts, I jump around a lot. I talk about things when I was heaviest, when I was losing the weight, when I had lost the weight, when I was maintaining the weight loss, and when I had gained some weight back. Of course, it's important that you know that it wasn't me that lost the weight, but God, when I turned my eating, control, and feelings over to Him. I am hopeful that it's beneficial reading a variety of post topics. I know it was helpful for me when I heard other overeaters share things that I thought I had only experienced. I never knew that anyone else had felt the same way.

One of the things I want to share today is about when all the weight had been off for some time. I would be in situations that somewhere in the topic, I would mention that I had been very overweight, at one time. I wasn't really bragging, although I might have been in the beginning-I'm not sure. It was mainly because it tied in with the conversation somehow.

Invariably, the person/people I was talking to couldn't believe that I had been that overweight. I started carrying a picture of me at my heaviest in my purse for situations like this. The people would look at it and laugh, saying that they couldn't believe that picture was really me and how much better I looked now.

They didn't mean anything by it, but their reactions really hurt me. It made me cry inside each time they would laugh at my picture. They were laughing at me, because that picture was me! It was the real me inside that has deep feelings that I don't share with others, that I wore on the outside as a cloak of pain, although I didn't know it at the time. It was how I dealt with all my feelings and concerns, rather than turning them over to God, at that time. Fortunately, God has since shown me, "Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest,"Matthew 11: 28

I rarely show my overweight picture to others any more. I only get it when I am trying to share how God worked this miracle in my life, so they can see what a change He made once I started turning to Him with all my feelings and concerns, the same way He can make a change in your life.

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: