Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christ Wants Lost Souls to turn to Him as Their Savior

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25

I think there are some who look down their nose at those who aren't  living their lives as Christians. I think there are some who feel those people aren't worth the effort to share their faith with them. The thing is, Christ didn't turn His back on us and wouldn't want us to turn our backs on anyone else.

Christ didn't give up on me when I was turning to food instead of turning to Him. He didn't give up one me when I was letting food interfere in my relationships with with family friends and my self-esteem, not to mention my relationship with Him. He was there with me through thick and thin and He wouldn't want any less of us.

So, if Christ wants these who appear to be lost souls to turn to Him as their Savior, how is that going to happen if we all turn our backs on those who aren't focused on Christ? We have to make the effort to share our faith with others, even when we feel it may not be productive. Christ wants Better Late Than Never Christians, because He is the Shepherd of us all. We need to give up on being judgmental and be open to giving freely of our faith. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 1 Peter 2:25




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: