Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Are You a Bitter Christian?

For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Isaiah 41:13

I have talked to a few people who have lost their faith in Christ, because He didn't answer their prayers to save a loved one. Christ doesn't say that He will never have bad things happen in the lives of Christians. Christians will lose jobs, loved ones, will have illness, diseases and stressful situations in their lives like other people of the world.

The difference is that Christ will be there with us to hold our hand through these ordeals and will get us through them. I feel for those who have become Bitter Christians, losing their way, because their prayers weren't answered the way they had hoped. My prayer is for them to have a renewed faith in Christ, knowing that He will get them through both the good and the devastating things that happen in their lives.

I used to eat when I dealt with stressful situations and turned to food instead of to my Savior. I find that Christ quite often gives me The Peace Which Passes All Understanding to get beyond situations that seem insurmountable. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Isaiah 41:13




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: