Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Had Lots of Things He Needed to Show Me, First

Every Word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

I wonder if people read these blog posts and expect that they will start losing their weight immediately after praying. Although that could happen, I think it's a lot like starting our faith walk with Christ. We need to be One Step at a Time Christians. We start out and gradually come to know Him more and more as our Lord and Savior and our faith walk becomes stronger!

I know that I prayed for years for God to help me lose the weight, but it didn't happen then. He had lots of things He needed to show me first. God allowed me to see that I had been turning to food in times of stress, making it a false god in my life, because I wasn't turning to Christ. He had to show me that I let food interfere in my relationship with my family, friends, my self esteem and my relationship with Him.

Then, one day, I gave up and turned to Christ and prayed saying that I give up and can't do it and if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't. It was that same day that the Lord allowed me to stop craving large amounts of food, sweets, and excessive carbs. I am thankful that Christ didn't answer my prayers to lose my weight immediately, because my faith walk might not have grown to know what a miracle He had done in my life. Every Word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: