Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Watching?

Watch therefore; for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matthew 24: 42-44

Am I watching? Am I just living my life the way I want, knowing that Christ will forgive me regardless? Am I leading my life the way that would make Jesus proud or am I taking it easy and will focus more on God's will in my life at a later point?

The thief in the night comes when we don't expect him and so will Jesus. Am I ignoring opportunities to make the changes He wants in my life? Am I disregarding the clues He gives me to turn to Him instead of to food and other worldly pleasures?

Being a Ducks-in-a Row Person, I'm not sure that I've been a Ducks-in-a-Row Christian, making the changes in my life that Christ would want. Watch therefore; for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matthew 24: 42-44

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: