Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, February 25, 2016

When Am I Ever Satisfied?

The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever. Psalm 22:26

When am I ever satisfied? That's a really good question. Well, in the past, I would fill my plate up embarrassingly high at a buffet at least four times and would fill my stomach until I was almost nauseous. Was I satisfied? No, if the truth be told. I just felt sick to my stomach and felt miserable about my self. During those times, loathing set in and took hold and I was more apt to turn to food instead of to Christ who heals me from myself and my vices.

In the past, I thought that if I had certain possessions I would be satisfied, but was I? No, I was surprised to realize how empty I still felt inside. The thing about possessions is the root of the word. If you turn to possessions instead of to your Savior, they can start to possess you!

I thought I would feel better about myself if I got a certain amount of education. Was I then satisfied? No, I always felt that maybe a little bit more schooling would fill that gap in my self-esteem, but it never did. It was only when I turned my food, my stress, my possessions and life over into Christ's very capable hands, I had a feeling of self-worth. It was only then that He healed me from my many vices and continues to do so in spite of all the times I backslide. He is always forgiving and welcomes me with open arms. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever. Psalm 22:26


Weight Loss Tips Video: How Stress May be Sabotaging Your Diet
by: Rachelle Grossman with dailyRx via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?