Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When Am I Ever Satisfied?

The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever. Psalm 22:26

When am I ever satisfied? That's a really good question. Well, in the past, I would fill my plate up embarrassingly high at a buffet at least four times and would fill my stomach until I was almost nauseous. Was I satisfied? No, if the truth be told. I just felt sick to my stomach and felt miserable about my self. During those times, loathing set in and took hold and I was more apt to turn to food instead of to Christ who heals me from myself and my vices.

In the past, I thought that if I had certain possessions I would be satisfied, but was I? No, I was surprised to realize how empty I still felt inside. The thing about possessions is the root of the word. If you turn to possessions instead of to your Savior, they can start to possess you!

I thought I would feel better about myself if I got a certain amount of education. Was I then satisfied? No, I always felt that maybe a little bit more schooling would fill that gap in my self-esteem, but it never did. It was only when I turned my food, my stress, my possessions and life over into Christ's very capable hands, I had a feeling of self-worth. It was only then that He healed me from my many vices and continues to do so in spite of all the times I backslide. He is always forgiving and welcomes me with open arms. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek Him: your heart shall live for ever. Psalm 22:26

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: