Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When Skinny is a Bad Word


And brought them out, and said, sirs, what must I do to be saved? and they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16: 30-31

I saw this lady that I know who is in the medical profession. She was wearing leggings instead of her normal medical uniform and I said, "Wow, you are really skinny!"

The next words out of her mouth were, "If I hear someone say that again, I'm going to vomit!" That wasn't exactly the response I expected, not that I really expected a response.

I've thought about this a lot in the last few days. I used to cringe when people would call me fatty, rotund, tubby, etc. when I was growing up. I never thought about people cringing if someone called them skinny. I always thought being skinny was a desirable thing, so I never thought about it being offensive to someone, but I was wrong!

Just like I've been wrong on so many other things in my life, Prideful Christian that I am. I believed in Jesus as my Savior, but my actions didn't demonstrate that. I turned to food to console me when I was alone, afraid, hurt by rude comments of others about my weight, or I was stressed. Food had become a false god in my life, because I was turning to it instead of to my Lord Jesus Christ. Fortunately for me, Jesus has forgiven me and shows me when I start turning to food instead of turning to Him. My belief in Christ isn't supposed to be by my word alone, but by my actions, as well. And brought them out, and said, sirs, what must I do to be saved? and they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16: 30-31


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: