Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, December 31, 2015

What a Self-Serving Christian I Am!

Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death, And shall deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify Him: and the third day He shall rise again. Matthew 20:18-19

What a Self-Serving Christian I am! I read this passage and think of how selfless that Jesus was. He knew in advance that he would be tried, spit upon, hit, mocked, crucified on a cross, die, and be buried. He went through all of that so that He could rise again on the third day to save us all from our sins.

When I think about all of that, I am hard pressed to determine that I would go through with it all for others, especially for those who would spit on me, hit me and taunt me the way they did to our Lord and Savior. He didn't let that stop Him, though.

I pray that I am a better example of how Christ works in my life, that I am more open to sharing my faith with others regardless of what they might think of me or how they might treat me. Jesus didn't let things like that hold Him back, why do I? I feel so ashamed that I let these concerns interfere with being the person that Christ wants me to be.  Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death, And shall deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify Him: and the third day He shall rise again. Matthew 20:18-19

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


 Best Advice, Tips: How to Stop Feeling Guilty For Your Past Mistakes. Lisa Mohr Self Help
by: Lisa Mohr, Lisa More TV, via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives