Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Can I Forgive Them?

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted His raiment, and cast lots.

Such all abiding love through forgiveness is difficult for me to imagine. I still remember when my step-grandfather used to say to me, "Debbie, you've been putting on a little weight." Of course, I was always hurt by this. I always wondered what he was thinking to make a comment like this. Didn't he know that I could tell I was gaining weight every time I looked in a mirror, something I avoided like the plague. I could tell every time I tried to button my pants, to the point that I went to all elastic waist bands. I could tell every time people ignored my comments or suggestions. I could tell every time I saw others with a group of friends laughing and looking in my direction-although I realize now, I may have misinterpreted this.

Sure, we can avoid some people who are rude and insensitive to us, but those in our family, our workplace, our church, etc. may not be as easy to avoid. Then, what??? All I can do is to rely on the healing touch that Jesus provides when we follow His example. He forgave those who divided up His clothes and cast lots for them. He forgave those who were involved in His Crucifixion. He forgave all those who ignored Him and were rude to Him. Jesus forgives those who are weak like me.

If Jesus can forgive all my shortcomings, I can surely be open to His healing my heart to forgive others who have hurt me, as well. Can I do this alone? I need to pray and ask Jesus to heal my heart, to provide me with a more forgiving nature, and the willingness to let me forgive them. Some times, I still want to hold a grudge against some, but I have to turn those feelings over to Jesus' forgiving nature to heal. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: