Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Only If It's Comfortable, God, and Fits Into My Schedule...

Mark 12: 43 And He called unto Him His disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: 44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Usually, I think of about needing to be more generous with my money when I read this. If only I had saved some of the money from the times we've gone out to eat and to give to those less fortunate. That would have been an appropriate exchange. Taking the food from someone who overeats to give it to someone who barely has enough to eat.This time, it reminds me of more than that.

This time, it makes me think of all the times I'm not willing to give of my time to do things for the less fortunate. There have been times that our church has been invovled in some worthwhile cause, but I have had some legitimate reason for not getting invovled, other than monetarialy. It sure is easy to plunk down some money when there's a good cause, rather that actively being involved in the activity. It's easy to convince the self-righteous portion of me that I'm helping move that worthwhile cause forward. Often, those legitimate reasons for not being actively involved are more flexible than I let on.

Am I saying, "I will help with your causes, God, only if it's comfortable and it fits into my schedule"? Do I realize that I'm turning my back on the less fortunate the same way that the the wealthy in this Bible passage cast in of their abundance? This leaves me a lot to be prayerful about. Mark 12: 43 And He called unto Him His disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: 44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: