Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sometimes, I'm Very Resistant to Do What God Wants

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

So, what does this have to do with overeating or maintaining a weight loss? Well, quite a bit! One morning I woke up and God had it on my heart that I was supposed to create another blog about how He allowed me to lose weight. This was in addition to the Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life Blog, that I am already doing. I kept thinking, "God, are you really sure that you want me to create another blog? Are you sure I won't be spreading myself too thin with all my other obligations? Are you sure that other people are going to be interested in reading about how You had me lose the weight? Are you sure that any attention from a blog like this won't go to my head, which would be counter-productive if it worked a wedge in my relationship with You?"

I feel sorry for God, at times, because I argued a lot with Him over this, and I'm just realizing that I have done that many times over the years. You'd think by now, I would just trust God and not fight the feelings He gives me to do His will. He even had the name for the blog in my mind: Christian Overeaters Past and Present. I realize that doesn't seem like any big deal, since that's the name of the blog now. I called it something else in the beginning like Christian Overeaters and just had the Past and Present in the subheading. After about a week, I realized that this blog was for overeaters and those who were maintaining their weight loss, so I changed the title to the one that God had originally put in my mind. Sometimes, I'm very resistant to do what God wants. I wish I weren't like that.

The thing that is the most significant out of all of this is:  For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20...even if it's on a blog!


Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: