Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sneaky Eating So Others Wouldn't Know

1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I had a plastic storage container party. I wanted to earn a special crock pot they offered as a hostess gift, but mainly I wanted to have a reason to have my friends over to show off. I was excited about all the planning, one of my big vices next to turning to food instead of to God. I made a list of all the fancy delicacies I was going to make for everyone.

A dear friend led the party, showing us how to make pies using the plastic containers. Afterwards, I offered my friends eclairs drizzled with chocolate and all types of other goodies I had prepared for them. Someone noticed that I wasn't eating and asked if I was going to join them. Of course, I told her, "No, I'm not hungry." I couldn't admit to secretly wanting to try the eclairs all afternoon. I couldn't let them see me eating these goodies, because then they would know why I as overweight. I was trying to hide my overeating, like I could really keep it a secret from everyone else. Who was I fooling...just myself.

When my friends left, I ate some of all the goodies I had prepared for the guests, especially the eclairs I had longed for. Afterwards, I felt disgusted with myself and ashamed. All the things I had eaten secretly amounted to much more than I would have eaten with everyone else. There's something about being sneaky virtually saying, "we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." Once I started turning my overeating and my control over to God, He could control my urge for sneaky eating so others wouldn't know why I was overweight. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: