Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Whosoever Shall Call on the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.  Acts, Chapter 2, verse 21.

I had quit my full-time job to go back to school to become a teacher. I was taking a Psychology class for teachers. Try as I might, I was getting a D- on every test. I spent lots of time reading the text, but I still had difficulty on the tests. The teacher wanted us to apply the knowledge we gained, to the scenario questions he had devised. In most tests of this nature, you can easily rule out two of the answers and have to decide between the two remaining choices. In this instance, every one of the scenario answers were highly plausible.

Not only was it difficult determining which of the answers was the most correct of the four highly plausible answers, but I had figured it out and only had 45 seconds per scenario to read it, go through all the plausible answers for each question, and narrow it down to the correct answer. I was so overwhelmed and felt stupid for doing so poorly on tests that I put so much effort into. I prayed and told God how overwhelmed I was. I felt led to explain my problem to the teacher. I knew I couldn't get my teaching credential without this class. There was a time I would have eaten myself crazy over this, but instead I prayed and turned it over to God.

The next week, the teacher announced that the test would be taken right before the break and if anyone needed more time, they could stay through the break and finish the test. What a wonderfully accommodating thing for the teacher to do. The amazing thing is, I was the first to finish the test. The teacher was taken aback, because he had implemented all these changes, because I didn't have ample time to take the test. Puzzled, he checked my paper on these extremely difficult scenario questions and every one was correct. When the stress over the time factor was taken away, God took care of the rest.

Later, I wondered how I would do the following week on the scenario questions. Then, I realized that if God hadn't wanted me to become a teacher, He could have had me continue to get a D- on tests. I, also, realized, that if God could get me through the test that week, He could do the same each of the following weeks and He did. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.  Acts, Chapter 2, verse 21. (Now, this doesn't mean that because we ask something of God, it will always turn out the way we want it to. I do know that if we ask something of God, He will get us through it no matter how it turns out.)

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: