Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Don't Want to Slip Through God's Fingers...

Matthew 4: 2 And when He [Jesus] had fasted forty days and forty nights, He was afterward an hungered [hungry]. 3 And when the tempter [Satan] came to Him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

I wondered when I was reading this passage, what would I have said to Satan. Since I've been an overeater a large portion of my life, would I have said, "Sure, I'll make these stones into bread, as long as I can have real butter on it and maybe a little jelly."

Jesus goes on to say in verse 4: But He answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. That stops me in my tracks! I might have let my hunger and focus on food, work a wedge in my relationship with God. It may have been the guiding force instead of doing what God would want.

Since Jesus has shown me the negative influence that the focus on food has had in my life, I find it vitally refreshing, much more than any food could ever be, to start each and every day by reading the Bible, followed by prayer. Sure, in the beginning, when I first started doing this, my stomach would growl at the normal time I ate breakfast. That paled in comparison to the calm feeling that surrounds me each and every day I start my day out with God. I value it so much, that I set the alarm so that I wake up earlier than everyone else, so I can have my special time with God with few distractions. I can always tell the difference when I get too busy and let this special time with God slip through my fingers. I don't want to ever go back to my worldly ways and slip through God's fingers.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: