Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Is it OK for Christians to Make Mistakes-Duplicate-in Draft Explanation

Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: Acts 18:9

Isn't it funny how some mistakes we make work to the glory of God. I'm counting on this being one of those situations. I started a blog post, but came back to it later and finished it. Earlier, I found a draft with the same title on my blog dashboard and was writing a note to myself to just leave it, but it posted. If I just leave it blank, people will wonder what happened to the blog post. I feel it's better to be honest with my readers and let you know I made a mistake.

Is it OK for Christians to make mistakes? I like the bumper sticker that I used to see that said, "Christians aren't perfect, Just Forgiven!" I think that sums it up in a nutshell. Does that apply to overeating, as well? It does, because God knows all of our weaknesses, our faults, our sins, our shortcoming, our mistakes, our strengths, our future and all we have to offer, great or small...and He loves us regardless.

So, please take this time to realize that you don't have to beat yourself up every time you make a mistake, every time you overeat, every time you are impatient with those you care about...God is there to forgive and strengthen you, making you the person He wants you to be on the lay-away plan...a little now...and a little later. What a perfect and comforting Lord, He is.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: