Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Mixed Blessings!

John 10: 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life: and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.

 I knew we were going out to dinner at a favorite restaurant where we were staying that night. I had prayed earlier that God would heal my food, body, and eating and my willingness for Him to do it. The rest of the day, I was mentally struggling with what to order when I got to the restaurant that evening.

My favorite is their waffles with pecans. My downfall these days is nuts. Somehow I rationalized that if I wasn't eating sweets, eating nuts was a healthy food and was O.K. Sure they are O.K., but that's only if you eat an appropriate amount of them, not half of a bag!

Well, when we got to the restaurant, they only handed us the dinner menu even though you can order off of the breakfast menu all day. I was initially frustrated, because the waiter didn't come back until much later and it would have held everybody up if I had asked for a breakfast menu, at that point.

Then, it was as if I heard Jesus' voice, but it was really a thought, that really this was a mixed blessing from God. In my not getting the breakfast menu the way I wanted, Christ had saved me possibly getting the order of waffles with nuts that would throw my eating off again, so soon after I was trying to get back to putting things into Christ's very capable hands. In fact, that's what He did. I realized my initial frustration was misguided and Jesus was doing exactly as I had prayed earlier in the day. What a miracle! If Jesus can do it for me, He certainly can do it for you, as well!  John 10: 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life: and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: