Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God's Unspeakable Gift and Protecting Our Children

2 Corinthians 9: 14 And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you. 15 Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift.

I had thought I was going to write about something else when I read these verses, but a picture came into my mind. It made me think of how we parents go out of our way to protect our children from being hurt from pain and hurtful comments and actions of insensitive people. What was in my mind was that God the Father, is just that...the Father of Jesus. His instinct would be to protect His Son, Jesus, from hurt and pain, but He didn't. He allowed His Son to go through all of these for us.

My instinct is to run to the aide of a child who is going to fall and skin their knees, but God the Father didn't intercede and protect Christ from going through all of that humiliation and pain. It was part of His unspeakable gift for us. God loves us so much that He allowed Christ to give His precious life for us, whether we: tithe, are overweight or not, are in the popular crowd or not, go to church every week, or are always giving to others.

He doesn't care what we look like or what groups we belong to. God only cares that we love Him and believe His Son, Jesus, gave His life to save us from the consequence of being sinful human beings. God the Father loved His Son, but loved us too in order to give His unspeakable gift to us.  2 Corinthians 9: 14 And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding grace of God in you. 15 Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: