Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Did I Listen to My Own Advice?

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. John 67:35

Oops, I did it again! I should have known better, but I ate a light lunch of  leftover cabbage soup. That's a good healthy thing to eat, but it wasn't substantial enough to last me until dinner. Mainly, I couldn't find anything else that was healthy and appealed to me to eat with it, other than the apple I grabbed.

I was trying not to eat anything with white flour, because it has a tendency to clog me up, so I only ate a dinner salad, thinking I would eat a few corn tortilla chips with it. Well, half way into the show we were watching, about half the bag of tortilla chips was gone.

Did I listen to my own advice? No! I have told others for years that it's better to eat a substantial meal, so we aren't tempted to fill up on snack foods. You would think I would have remembered, but I don't think I wanted to. I think that I had felt deprived since lunch time and I wanted to eat something totally frivolous, because I had earned it. How's that for misguided logic?

I need to remember that Christ is the one who healed me from letting food control my life and my focus needs to be on Him at times like this. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. John 67:35

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: